Bachelor of Science in Political Science
The philosophy and mission of B.Sc. Political Science programme is to produce graduates with a critical mind, requisite ability and skill to analyze, comprehend, predict and influence the factors that shape and mould power relationships in an ever-changing socio-political environment in a globalizing world.
The main objectives of a degree in political science are:
- To provide training in the principles of political science and their application to the type of degree programme concerned – political economy, public administration or international relations;
- Stimulate the students intellectually through the programme, in such a way that they appreciate social problems;
- To provide a solid foundation of knowledge about the workings of society and its institutions and develop the skills for the constructive use of such knowledge;
- To develop in students, the ability to apply the knowledge to the resolution of societal problems and conflicts;
- to develop in students, such skills and competency that would allow them to be self-reliant and entrepreneurial;
- provide the students with the necessary skills for studying and analyzing society;
- provide the students with the skill-base from which they can proceed to higher studies in political science;
- Produce students who can carry out fieldwork, collect data and analyse these in a coherent manner, as well as engage in comparative analysis of one political system with others.
- To imbue in the students a deep appreciation of the political dynamics of society and the impact of this on wider socio-economic development and societal well-being.