Sustainable Agriculture: Route to Food Security
Nigeria was ranked 84 out of 119 countries in the 2017 Global Hunger Index. Painfully, in the 2021 Global Hunger Index, Nigeria ranked 103 out of the 116 indicating a threat to the economy (GHI, 2021). However, despite government efforts, the World Bank has projected that at the end of 2022, the number of persons below the poverty level will be about 95 million.
Therefore, in order to avert this looming crisis, awareness needs to be created via multiple channels such as this symposium.
Sequel to the aforementioned, the Management of MCIU, in collaboration with the Nigeria Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST) and the European Institute of Technology (EIT) on Food will host a maiden virtual symposium scheduled for Tuesday, 30 August 2022.
- Functional food
- Food security and
- Sustainable agricultural practices,
- To proffer ways of improved food security in post-COVID-19
- To stimulate public awareness via stakeholders
- Researchers in academia and private
- CEOs’/Experts in Agro-business and other food SMEs.
- Local farmers and other market
- Individuals aspiring to venture into agro-food
To participate, please click on the link to register: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwkd-6hrTkvHdRvN-3iOoUDlSTw4UnXaIhg
Otache M. Abel Tel: +2347035987547